Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps
Prices upon enquiry. Prices depend on weight of salt lamp and material of lamp base.
Rock Salt Lamp - What it is, and how it benefits us.
Also known as “Pink Rock Salt”, the Himalayan Rock Salt is a naturally occurring salt rich in minerals.
When a lamp is lighted with a lamp shade made from Himalayan Rock Salt, due to its transparent crystalline structure, the rock salt lamp shade will emit light from its higher frequency range (600-700 nanometers).
As light at its higher frequency range supplements the usual light needed by our bodies to regenerate our body cells (lower frequency light range, 300-700 nanometers), light emitted from a rock salt lamp shade produces a soothing effect on our bodies.
In addition, as rock salt is hygroscopic by nature, it will attract moisture from its surrounding air.
And in the process of attacting moisture from surrounding air, particles in the moisture is also attracted together with the moisture onto the surface of the rock salt lamp shade.
So in this way, a rock salt lamp also filters the air around us by removing allergens (eg. microscopic particles, dust mite, etc.) that are present in moisture around us. These allergens are then trapped on the lamp surface when the moisture is attracted to the rock salt lamp shade. And when the moisture evaporates back into our surrounding air due to the heat on the surface of the rock salt lamp shade generated by the heat of the lamp, the allergens remain trapped on the surface of the rock salt lamp shade.
By removing allergens from its surrounding air, a rock salt lamp also acts as a natural ionizer by absorbing negative energies from its surrounding objects and people, and then releasing negative ions (beneficial to our bodies) back into its surrounding air. Air with negative ions is similar to the air that we breathe in when we are at a beach or in a forest. Negative ions tend to increase the flow of oxygen to our brain, enabling us to be more alert and less drowsy.
Finally, a rock salt lamp is known to absorb harmful “electro-smog” (invisible electromagnetic radiation coming from electronic devices around us).
Rock Salt Lamp - Ideal Placement Locations
To get optimum benefits, consider to place your rock salt lamp in the following places:
(1) Near televisions or computer screens, to enable your rock salt lamp to absorb harmful "electro-smog".
(2) Near your work area, so you can receive the negative ions generated by your rock salt lamp, and remain mentally alert to continue with your work.
(3) In air-conditioned rooms, where much positive ions are generated, and these can be countered by the negative ions generated by your rock salt lamp.
However, take care to avoid placing your rock salt lamp near following surroundings:
(a) Open water features (eg. water aquariums, geomancy water wheels, etc.) ... when the moisture in the surrounding is higher, humidity is higher, and your rock salt lamp may have a higher tendency to "sweat", please see more notes below.
(b) Dusty or smoky areas (eg. kitchen) ... when the surrounding air is too dirty, the dirt will also be attracted to the surface of your rock salt lamp shade together with the surrounding moisture, and your rock salt lamp may turn black more often.
Rock Salt Lamp - Keeping It Clean
When your rock salt lamp appears dirty with dark patches in most areas, do the following:
Caution 1 - please ensure you can comfortably carry the weight of your rock salt lamp before proceeding!
Caution 2 - Please consult a qualified electrician when in doubt about electrical connections or electrical matters.
Caution 3 - Avoid eye contact with salt. Wash and clean hands thoroughly after each cleaning.
(1) Switch off rock salt lamp, and unplug its electrical socket.
(2) Allow rock salt lamp to cool for about 15 minutes.
(3) Remove rock salt lamp shade from its base lamp.
(4) Place rock salt lamp shade on a secure table.
(5) Prepare a bowl of water, and use your fingers to sprinkle water onto surface of rock salt lamp shade.
(6) Use a piece of dry cloth and carefully pad dry the wet areas on rock salt lamp shade ... gently rub those areas with dark patches.
(7) When you finish cleaning surface of rock salt lamp shade, gently tilt rock salt lamp shade to access its base ... use dry tissue paper to dry up any remaining wetness at the base.
(8) Allow rock salt lamp shade to further dry another 15 mins before placing it back onto its base lamp.
(9) Plug in electrical socket and turn on rock salt lamp.
(10) Wash and clean your hands thoroughly.
Rock Salt Lamp - Sweating
A common issue with rock salt lamps is "sweating".
Sweating is observed when water is found on surface of rock salt lamp shade.
Sweating happens when there is too much moisture in the air surrounding rock salt lamp.
To manage sweating, do the following:
Caution 1 - Please consult a qualified electrician when in doubt about electrical connections or electrical matters.
Caution 2 - Avoid eye contact with salt. Wash and clean hands thoroughly after each cleaning.
(a) Switch off rock salt lamp.
(b) Allow rock salt lamp to cool 15 mins.
(c) Use dry cloth to pad dry wet areas.
(d) Use dry tissue paper to pad dry the wet areas between rock salt lamp shade and its base.
(e) Switch on rock salt lamp, and leave it switched on continuously.
(f) Wash and clean your hands thoroughly.
If your rock salt lamp continues to sweat after above procedure, please contact us.
** Disclaimer **
ODORE Pte Ltd will not be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any illness, medical condition, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, the use or misuse of Rock Salt Lamps or Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps purchased from us.
Please consult a qualified electrician when in doubt about electrical connections or electrical matters.
Thank you for your attention.
ODORE Pte Ltd